Parents and community members are encouraged to participate in volunteer activities in our schools that support programs and services and help students succeed. Here are some ways you can help in your child’s classrooms or schools:
- Reading with students who need extra help
- Arts and crafts activities/clubs
- School plays or concerts
- Arranging material in the library
- Coaching sports activities
- Supervising children on field trips
- Serving as a speaker on topics related to the classroom program
- Serving as a skilled mentor to a student who needs extra support
- Collecting community materials for a classroom project
- Participate in meetings and activities of the Parent Advisory Council
You will be asked by the division to submit to a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry before you begin volunteering. Criminal Record Checks are a routine procedure taken by an organization to help assure the safety of their students, staff, and other volunteers. Please refer to Procedure AV10 - Volunteers in Schools for more information.
The following files are part of the MVSD Volunteer Registration Package:
Please contact your local school or the Division Office at (204) 638-3001 for more information.