Parents and community members are encouraged to participate in volunteer activities in our schools that support programs and services and help students succeed. Here are some ways you can help in your child’s classrooms or schools:
- Reading with students who need extra help
- Arts and crafts activities/clubs
- School plays or concerts
- Arranging material in the library
- Coaching sports activities
- Supervising children on field trips
- Serving as a speaker on topics related to the classroom program
- Serving as a skilled mentor to a student who needs extra support
- Collecting community materials for a classroom project
- Participate in meetings and activities of the Parent Advisory Council
Mountain View School Division has developed a Volunteer Handbook, which is referenced as Appendix A in MVSD Procedure AV10 - Volunteers in Schools, below.
You will be asked by the division to submit to a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry before you begin volunteering. Criminal Record Checks are a routine procedure taken by an organization to help assure the safety of their students, staff, and other volunteers.
Please contact your local school or the Division Office at (204) 638-3001 for more information.