Manitoba K-12 Education Review
The Manitoba government announced details of its comprehensive K-12 educational review via press release on January 23, 2019. On April 12, 2019, the Commission released its public consultation discussion paper that set the stage and acted as a guide for Manitobans to provide input to the commission.
The Commission sought comments on a wide range of topics in the Kindergarten to Grade 12 system, including:
- long-term vision
- student learning
- accountability for student learning
The public consultation process (public workshops and hearings, submission of written reports, and completion of online surveys) has now ended. The Commission received a total of 62 briefs, which are posted on its website at https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/educationreview/briefs/index.html.
The submission from Mountain View School Division to the Commission is linked below:
The Commission will now focus on developing its recommendations in a report to the Minister of Education and Training in February 2020.
- Announcement – January 23, 2019
- Online engagement, public and stakeholder meetings – February to May 2019
- Analysis and formulation of recommendations – June 2019 to January 2020
- Recommendations to the Minister of Education and Training – February 2020
- Public release – anticipated to be during the 2020-2021 school year