Manitoba K-12 Education Review
In an effort to engage stakeholders, Mountain View School Division has prepared this information package to bring awareness to the review, and the potential implications to the future of education not only within our division, but in the province of Manitoba as well.
Please click on the file below for more information:
The Manitoba government recently announced details of its comprehensive K-12 educational review via press release on January 23, 2019. On April 12, 2019, the Commission released its public consultation discussion paper that will set the stage and act as a guide for Manitobans to provide input to the commission.
The Commission is seeking comments on a wide range of topics in the Kindergarten to Grade 12 system, including:
- long-term vision
- student learning
- accountability for student learning
Mountain View School Division encourages your participation in the educational review process. Manitobans will have the opportunity to provide their input to the Commission in a variety of ways, including:
- Public meetings (will begin on April 24, 2019, and will be held in locations across the province. Dauphin's consultation is scheduled for May 11, 2019 at the Dauphin Rec Centre - Aspen Lodge - from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.) Click here to register for the Dauphin session.
- Online surveys:
- Written submissions (deadline is May 30, 2019)
- Public hearings (formal brief submitted to the Commission - see template)
- Collection of exemplary practices (for Manitoba teachers)